Skip to content


For your convenience, our most common community questions are answered right here.

Not finding what you want? Reach out directly through our Contact Us page.

Caronavirus Help

Residents who are self-isolating and in need of support from volunteers are advised to contact HertsHelp on 0300 123 4044.

East Herts Council have prepared frequently asked questions for people with care and support needs which they can access on our website,

Who do I contact about refuse and recycling collection

Please click here to visit the East Herts Council Waste & Recycling page:-

Power Cut? Call 105

Power Cut? Call 105 Logo

There’s a new number to call if you have a power cut

105 is a new number that you can call to report or get information about a power cut. It will put you through to your local electricity network operator – the company that manages the cables, wires and substations that bring electricity into homes and businesses in your area.

105 is a free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales, and you can call the number from most landlines and mobile phones. It doesn’t matter who you choose to buy your electricity from - anyone can call 105.

You can also call 105 if you spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put you, or someone else, in danger. If there’s a serious immediate risk, call the emergency services too.

Don’t be left in the dark. Call 105.

To find out more, visit

How do I find a Trading Standards Approved Trader?

You can search for a Hertfordshire Trading Standards Approved Trader on the Which? Trusted Traders website

Read our article with advice from Hertfordshire County Council’s Trading Standards.

How Do I Contact Hertfordshire County Council?

Hertfordshire County Council have changed their contact details. You can subscribe to receive updates from their website or you can email them at